“This Rediscovered Ancient Investment of Our Great-Grandparents Could be Worth More Than Gold in a Crisis”
By Martin Fernway1
In this piece: Discover an ‘anti-crisis stockpile’ used by our Great-Grandparents to make it through events like The Great Depression.
Today, this stockpile makes a comeback – with a modern twist. And according to some, it is a more valuable investment than gold in a crisis.
Who do you think is more likely to thrive through one America’s Greatest Crises?
It’s 1929 and the Great Depression has just set off. Millions of Americans will face extreme inflation and food supply shortages for the next 4 years.
Among those millions are two similar-looking middle-class families who are preparing differently for the oncoming hard times.
So different in fact, that by 1933, one family had so much food they’re donating part of it to the soup kitchens… while the other family had to stand in line for said soup kitchens with rumbling stomachs.
Let’s take a look at these two families:
- Our “Old Ways Family” prefers traditional methods over modern ones. They might be a bit slower to adapt, but they believe the old saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” To prepare for the economic crisis, they invested long ago in an ‘anti-crisis’ stockpile our ancestors used.
- The “Progressive Family” likes the luxury and consumerism of the Roaring Twenties. They believe “money can buy anything,” like security from food shortages and protection from the government. So they invest their dollars into gold to protect themselves with.
So who's your pick for ending up just fine after The Great Depression?
It looks like it might be the Progressive Family with all their gold.
Gold Is After All, a Solid Investment... Or Is It?
But it’s about to get BAD for THEM.
While the Old Ways Family’s anti-crisis stockpile ensures they’ll never go hungry.
Now I’m about to reveal their method in a minute, because it’s still relevant today… maybe even more so.
The story of our two families is set in The Great Depression, a time which many believe may return.2 Because as the old saying goes: history tends to repeat itself.
Today, gold is still the recommended “for emergencies”-investment to make.
But how much is gold worth in an actual crisis?
Well, maybe not as much as the millionaires like to think.
These past couple of years... America has gone through... well, let’s put it this way... I don’t have to tell YOU what's happened the past couple of years. But I do know we'll never be the same.
And today it’s not looking any better, as we’re dealing with more and more global leaders who have their hand on the button. Or at least that’s what our panicky news media is telling us. Remember when you practiced hiding under your desk at school as a kid?
There have even been times in the last couple of years when no amount of gold stored in your bank – or your basement – changed how hard it was to leave the house and go get food from the store.
Now, America could wake up to the fact that putting their dollars into gold isn’t the end all be all.
Since the 2020 pandemic, interest in a different type of security is taking hold.
Americans now seem to look back to our ancestors…
To reclaim a modern twist on an ancient security device our ancestors stockpiled to make it through famine, pandemics, and wars.
In the next few seconds, I’m going to show you:
- Depending On The Crisis, This Could Quickly Be Worth More Than Gold
- It comes in two identical packages, and keeps its value for 25 years if stored and hidden correctly (this is easy to do)3
- It’s stored in two resealable cases that can Protect Your Family from what the United Nations dubs: ‘A National Security Threat’4
- Is FASTER and EASIER to use than what our Great-Grandparents used for the same situation.
- And THROUGH YOU, also supports our brave veterans and their families with every purchase
But before it’s revealed, we have to talk…
Why Gold DOESN’T WORK for Certain Types of Crisis
Let’s be fair to gold first.
Sure, it’s a wonderful investment against a rainy day.
As it may protect your savings when the dollar loses its value during an economic collapse, like in Venezuela.
If the dollar were to collapse, you could still pay for goods in gold.
Now, what if we’re not faced with a rainy day – but a flood?
What if we’re faced with an event that shakes the foundations of our great country so thoroughly…
…that we can’t use our money or gold to pay for goods or services?
During the 2020 lockdowns, bartering took over in certain communities. And not just in some backwater places with no indoor plumbing or the internet. We’re talking first world countries like the United Kingdom.5
That’s can happen because when things get rough, remember the old saying:
You can’t eat gold.
And then there’s someone else who might make your gold useless.
Remember Our “Progressive Family”?
Well, in 1933 they would have gotten a knock on their door from a gnarly looking group of men with badges, inquiring about the gold they’ve been spending.
Because that’s when the Federal Government made it illegal to hoard gold. So they made it mandatory for every American to sell their gold at a fixed, low price – giving dollars in return.
Which removed the whole point of exchanging your worthless dollars for gold in the first place!
The Punishment for Holding on to Your Gold?
A $10,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.6
And history does have a way of repeating itself…
“But what if I have lots of saved-up dollars lying around that may lose all their value in a true crisis? What else can I invest in?”
Let me show you the investment our Great-Grandparents were very keen on, which now costs less than half a gold coin. (As of writing in May 2022, a gold coin costs over $1800!)7
Our Great-Grandparents’ “Anti-Crisis Stockpile” that WORKED
Here’s what our Old Ways Family went with.
Because they knew our ancestors dealt with crises on the regular.
Even their winters were “mini-crises,” which they prepared for in November, before fresh food became very short in supply.8
Which reminds me of our grocery store shelves.
But major crises were a recurring part of their life as well, like plagues, droughts, famine…
One event that lives in recent memory – seeing as there are people alive today who lived through it – is the Great Depression.
A time when people who relied on the food supply chain suffered and those who followed “the old ways” thrived.
And that’s in part because of their emergency stockpiles:
Back in the 1920s and 30s, Americans were already hooked on packaged food they bought at the up-and-coming grocery store.
This meant you didn’t need to stock food at home anymore – these stores did it for you.
But when the Great Depression hit, the shelves ran empty, and this system collapsed.
Only the families who maintained the old ways of storing food at home kept their chins up, thanks to food preservation techniques like dehydrating, canning, pickling, and more.9
Preppers and survivalists still use these old methods to preserve their food, but it’s not without its downsides, as I’ll reveal below.
Today, FEMA advises that you have AT LEAST 3 days’ worth of nonperishable food at hand.10
So, is it time to break out the old canning machine, dehydrators, and bazillion glass jars to store your produce in?
Luckily, no. Because there’s a far simpler way to create a food stockpile today.
How This Modern Twist on Food Security Investment Is FASTER and EASIER
Expensive dehydrators, canning machines, and then spending hours learning how to do it, wasting hundreds of dollars of food on “experiments”...
Don’t get me wrong – it’s a wonderful skill to learn and master.
But if you want food security NOW and not only in a few months from now when things might be worse…
Then you may need 3 months’ of emergency food per person right now.
Why 3 months? Because having a minimum food supply to eat over 90 days will cover you for an entire season, just like our ancestors covered themselves for the winter. Keep in mind that someone will want or need more calories or nutrients each day during their 3 months.11
And what kind of food?
More than just rice and beans.
And it’s not only about the nutrients – it’s also about keeping up morale.
Eating the same things day in and out won’t do wonders for your mental health, especially if it’s already strained because of an ongoing crisis.
Instead, imagine starting your day with these foods:
Images show multiple servings. Click here for product information.
Click “Add to Cart” to start your order now.
These dishes taste almost as delicious as homemade cooked meals from fresh ingredients.
So what are they?
They’re three examples of the 24 different recipes you find in the 3-Month Survival Food Kit by 4Patriots.
A single kit has enough delicious calories to feed one person in a survival situation for three months. During this time, some people may want or need more calories or nutrients per day.
These calories come from premium ingredients, like whole grains and high-quality produce our ancestors may have used.
But unlike those in previous generations, 4Patriots doesn’t store them in cumbersome glass jars.
Instead, they use low-heat dehydration to lock in freshness and flavor, then store it all into space-age pouches made of Mylar (The same material NASA uses!)12. All to protect against air, light and moisture.
This means that if you rip one of these bags open after 25 years, they’re still perfectly fine to eat!
To protect the bags even more, 4Patriots ships them in two low-profile totes that help protect the food from water, or even prying eyes.
Unlike the survival food buckets you’ll find at some big box stores, our discreet totes are only 7 inches tall. That means you can easily slide these discreet totes in low spaces without advertising the contents to hungry, unwelcome guests.
So who is 4Patriots?
4Patriots is a family-run operation that helps Americans to prepare and donates part of its proceeds to charities that support our nation’s brave veterans and their families.
Meaning that anyone who gets their food security from 4Patriots doesn’t just invest in their own future… but also in US veterans and their families who have done our country proud.
Worth More Than GOLD in a Crisis
With an average 4.8-star rating and over 2,400 glowing reviews, people who bought 4Patriots’ 3-Month Emergency Food Kit had great things to say about it.13
And these happy customers had something to say about its value compared to gold:
Inflation is Real
“Get these products while you can. It’s worth more than gold. Pretty soon a loaf of bread will cost $20. Be prepared.”
“I feel much better having this food. It may be more valuable than gold in times of trouble. I have yet to try any of it since it arrived but did inspect contents and found it was well organized.”
* Real reviews from real customers. Sometimes customers receive a free product to test or receive a free product as a thank you for submitting honest feedback. For more information, see footnote 14.
This 3-Month Survival Food Is Extremely Popular – Stocks Are Limited.
In 2020 with everything that happened that year, 4Patriots sold 10,026 3-Month Food Kits in days.15 Even their warehouse team was in shock with how popular these kits were.
It just took a couple of days to sell out completely.
Now, with 2022 having even more uncertainties, it’s clear things aren’t moving in the right direction. If you ask us, it’s not a question of “if.”
Please check their site to see if stock is currently available.
- Martin Fenway’ is a pen name to protect the author’s privacy.
- Financial Post. "The timing of the next global depression is getting closer than you think." 2021
- Your survival food is designed to last 25 years on the shelf. Storage conditions impact the shelf life of your food. For best results, always protect your food from heat, air and moisture. Avoid prolonged exposure to temps above 75 degrees F. Keep food sealed until ready to eat. Shelf life will vary based on storage conditions.
- United Nations. "Hunger: A National Security Threat."
- BBC. "Could bartering become the new buying in a changed world?" 2020
- Seeking Alpha. "Gold Prices During The Great Depression." 2020
- NCPEDIA. "Food Preservation." 2007
- These kits are designed to provide energy and nutrients for one person in stressful emergency situations. They are not intended to be complete caloric replacements during “normal” times. You’ll want to make sure you have additional food items on hand so that in an extended emergency you’ll be able to supplement your daily calorie intake, nutrients and variety with additional food items available on this site, food you have stockpiled in your pantry, fresh produce from your garden, etc. An average adult needs approx. 2,000 calories per day to meet their energy needs. This kit provides approximately 1,505 calories per day for one person. This may not be enough for optimal nutrition, especially for an extended period of time, or if you’re pregnant, a child, elderly, or have other health conditions. In order to supplement your daily calorie intake, to add variety or to provide food for more than one person, we offer a number of supplemental products, including food bars, meat packs, fruit and vegetable packs, etc. By combining our kits with these additional products, you can ensure that you have 2,000 calories per day available to you during emergency situations. We’d be happy to discuss your particular preparedness goals, and to help you select more or less survival food to meet your unique needs. Call 1-800-304-4202 to speak with our friendly Customer Service team.
- Mylar® brand is a registered trademark of Dupont Tejjin Films. Dupont is not affiliated with and has not endorsed or sponsored this product.
- 96.6% of customers do not return their products or request a refund. About 30% of customers make a second survival food purchase; the repurchase rate is even higher when all types of 4Patriots products are considered.
- All testimonials in this advertisement are from real people; sometimes names and photos have been changed to protect their privacy and some were given free products in exchange for their honest feedback. Testimonials represent exceptional results, don't apply to the average purchaser and are not intended to guarantee that anyone will achieve the same results. The organizations, publications and people referenced on this site are not affiliated with 4Patriots. They have not endorsed, sponsored or recommended this product; no affiliation or endorsement is claimed. Terms & conditions apply.
- Data based on February 2020 inventory report