A: The Sun Kettle® is a revolutionary portable device that boils water without fuel or flames. A personal water heater that uses ONLY the power of the sun to…
- Cook foods
- Prepare coffee, tea & cocoa
- Make hygiene comfortable
- Pasteurize drinking water to kill giardia, cryptosporidium and other waterborne bacteria
- Prep a warm washcloth bath
- Melt snow for drinking
- Use hot water for first aid
- Keep liquid hot for hours
There are no batteries, cords, or electricity needed. You can make coffee, tea, soup, and much more with your Sun Kettle®. You can even use your Sun Kettle® to make hot water for hygienic purposes, or to supply yourself or you loved ones with clean drinking water by boiling it.*
Made from tough, weather-resistant ABS plastic and tempered glass, the Sun Kettle® boils water in about 45 minutes when in direct sun.** Its ingenious design consists of an inner glass tube and parabolic mirrors that absorb the sun’s heat to boil the liquid inside. It can hold 16.9 oz. of water, and is completely portable.
* Boiling is sufficient to kill pathogenic bacteria, viruses and protozoa (WHO, 2015). If water is cloudy, let it settle and filter it through a clean cloth or coffee filter. Bring water to a rolling boil for at least one minute. At altitudes above 5,000 feet, boil water for three minutes. ** Results will vary based on weather conditions.