A: Your Patriot PowerUV Disinfecting Power Bank is the perfect companion to take with you anytime you leave your home. It can provide power for you to charge your essential devices, like your phone, and it can use the power of UV-C light to kill germs on surfaces you might touch, to help you stay healthy.+
Press the power button one time to get a status report of power in your power bank. Simply check the number of blue LED lights lit next to the power button:
OOOO = 75%-100% full
OOO = 50%-75% full
OO = 25%-50% full
O = less than 25% full
No lights means the power bank is completely out of power.You can charge your Patriot PowerUV at any fullness level. It comes with built-in overcharge protection so you cannot charge it too much. You should always charge your Patriot PowerUV before use.
- Plug one end of a micro USB power cord (like the cord provided) into the micro input port and plug the other end into a powered USB outlet. You can use the USB outlet on your computer or a power strip, or use a converter plugged into an outlet.
- The blue indicator light will blink, showing that charging is happening. As the bank becomes more full, the more blue lights will show as per the fullness (above).
- Once the bank is completely full, the blue light will stop blinking and your Patriot PowerUV will go into sleep mode. All four lights should light when the power button is pressed. It will take 3.5-4 hours to recharge your Patriot PowerUV completely.
USING THE POWER BANK
Your Patriot PowerUV is equipped with two USB power outputs. You simply need to plug a USB power cord into one of these outlets to power your devices just like you would from any other USB power outlet.
Output 1: 5V/1A
Output 2: 5V/2A
To determine how many times you can charge your device, you will need to do some math. The Patriot PowerUV has a total power capacity of 6000 mAh. So, for example, if your phone needs 900 mAh to fully charge, you can fully charge your phone 6 times with a full Patriot PowerUV. Different devices require different amounts of power, so you will need to check your device specifications.
USING THE UV DISINFECTING LIGHT
To turn on: Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. One red light will show and the light will turn off after 15 minutes.
- To set UV timer to 30 minutes, press the button again (2 red lights).
- To set UV timer to 60 minutes, press the button again (3 red lights) and again for 120 minutes (4 red lights).
To turn off: Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.
The UV light uses the power bank battery as its power source; if the power bank is out of power, the light will not work.
For the UV light to disinfect, the light must shine directly on the area. Crevices or areas that are shadowed will not be disinfected. The amount of time needed to completely disinfect the area depends on how close the light is and the surface involved.
At close range (6 inches): 10-30 seconds is recommended.
At long range (up to 8 feet): 20-30 minutes is recommended.
+ UV-C light effectively kills viruses and bacteria from surfaces when used as directed. For full protection, follow CDC recommendations for handwashing, social distancing, mask wearing, etc. This device can’t cure diseases. Don’t eat it, shine it on your insides, in eyes, or on skin.
* Battery performance will vary based on your charging and usage conditions, including discharge rates, cord and voltage-conversion efficiency, testing conditions, temperature, and age. Always follow storage and use instructions.