CONTRACT BETWEEN 4PATRIOTS AND DEALER
Last Updated: July 07, 2021
Authorized Reseller Status is provided by 4Patriots to “Dealer” based solely on Dealer’s compliance with 4Patriots’s Terms and Conditions contained in this document following completion and approval of our Reseller Application. By purchasing 4Patriots products for resale, Dealer consents to entering into a contract with 4Patriots that is governed by these Reseller Agreement Terms and Conditions. Purchases made directly from our website do not constitute approval to resell 4Patriots products.
4Patriots’s standard invoice terms and conditions shall apply to all product purchases. Nothing contained in any purchase order or other correspondence between 4Patriots and Dealer will modify or add to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
Any Dealer failing to comply with this Resale Policy will face immediate termination of its account, revocation of its Authorized Reseller status, and/or further legal action. Violations of this Resale Policy or other 4Patriots’s policies may be reported to the 4Patriots corporate headquarters at 4Patriots:
Attn: Reseller Dept.
2920 Berry Hill Dr.
Berry Hill, TN 37204
This version of the Resale Policy is effective as of July 7th, 2021 and supersedes all prior versions.
SECTION A - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AUTHORIZED RESELLER STATUS ON ONLINE MARKETPLACES
- Subject to the Restrictions in this Agreement, Dealer shall have a non-exclusive right to sell the Products via the Authorized Sales Channels stipulated below.
- “Authorized Sales Channels” shall include: (i) Dealer’s own physical store locations; (ii) Dealer’s temporary storefronts at events and tradeshows; (iii) catalog and (iv) Dealer’s proprietary website(s).
- Dealer SHALL NOT promote, market, advertise, offer to sell, or sell any 4Patriots product on or through any online marketplace or auctions service including, but not limited to Amazon.com (.ca, .uk, .de, .fr, .it, .es), Ebay.com, Walmart.com, Jet.com, Buy.com, Target.com, Craigslist.com, Newegg.com, Overstock.com, Rakuten.com, and Sears.com
- Reselling 4Patriots products on a website(s) that attempts to use the 4Patriots trademark in whole or in part as the website domain is prohibited.
- Reselling 4Patriots products on a website(s) that contains only 4Patriots branded products is prohibited.
- All products must be advertised for sale at the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) or higher.
- 4Patriots reserves the right to terminate, at its discretion, existing business relationships or refuse to sell to dealers who misrepresent information on the new account form.
- If required, 4Patriots can terminate the account without any possibility of reinstatement and require that all company inventory in dealer’s possession be returned within 7 business days following account termination.
- 4Patriots reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual or entity found guilty of violating the terms of the dealer reseller agreement.
4Patriots supports authorized sales of its products except on Online Marketplaces and Restricted Websites as noted above. 4Patriots actively participates in the Amazon.com’s Brand Registry Program and similar programs to prevent the advertising and sale of unauthorized, unlicensed, infringing, and/or counterfeit merchandise. Any unauthorized sales of 4Patriots products on Amazon, eBay or other sites will be removed as they are discovered. Ads from online sellers offering any auctions or advertising sales will also be regularly removed or taken down.
- Note: 4Patriots actively participates in the Amazon.com Brand Registry Program, and similar programs, to prevent the advertising and sale of unauthorized, infringing and/or counterfeit merchandise. Unauthorized sale ads or auction of 4Patriots Products on Amazon or other sites will be removed or taken down as they are discovered.
SECTION B - PRODUCT QUALITY AND CUSTOMER CARE
Product Storage and Handling
Dealers shall exercise due care in storing and handling the Products and shall store the Products in accordance with any directions on Product labels or other storage guidelines specified by 4Patriots from time to time. Dealers are subject to storage facility inspections of 4Patriot Products at any time, up to 4 times per year. Test purchases made from approved channels are subject to inspection by 4Patriots.
Promptly upon receipt of the Products, Dealer shall inspect the Products for damage, defect, evidence of tampering, or other non-conformance (a “Defect”). If any Defect is identified, Dealer must not offer the Product for sale and must promptly report the Defect to 4Patriots at help@4Patriots.com.
Product Packaging and Display
Dealer shall sell Products in their original packaging. Relabeling, repackaging (including the separation of bundled Products or the bundling of Products), and other alterations to Products or their packaging are not permitted. Tampering with, defacing, or otherwise altering any serial number, UPC code, batch or lot code, or other identifying information on Products or their packaging is prohibited. Dealer may not remove, translate, or modify the contents of any label or literature on or accompanying the Products. Dealer shall not advertise, market, display, or demonstrate non-4Patriots products together with the Products in a manner that would create the impression that the non-4Patriots products are made by, endorsed by, or associated with 4Patriots.
Dealer is granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the 4Patriots brands, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, copyrights, and other intellectual property associated with the Products (the “4Patriots IP”) solely for the purposes of marketing and selling the Products as set forth herein. This license will cease upon termination of Dealer’s status as a Dealer. 4Patriots reserves the right to review and approve, in its sole discretion, Dealer’s use or intended use of the 4Patriots IP at any time, without limitation. Dealer acknowledges that it owns no right, title, or interest in any of the 4Patriots IP except as granted herein.
- Liquidated Damages
- Dealer agrees that any breach by Dealer of the Terms and Conditions set forth in this agreement will injure 4Patriots and its reputation and relationship with its other dealers to an extent that will be difficult, if not impossible, to quantify.
- In view of the difficulty to quantify the damage to 4Patriots should Dealer breach any provisions of the terms and conditions of sale, Dealer agrees that 4Patriots shall be entitled to liquidated damages equal to Dealer’s gross profits earned from the sale of 4Patriots products using selling practices that are in violation of the terms of this agreement.
- Dealer and 4Patriots agree that the Liquidated Damages set forth in this section are in addition to any and all other remedies for breach of contract to which 4Patriots may be entitled under the applicable laws.
SECTION C - MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICING (MAP) POLICY
4Patriots actively supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its retailers and distributors through materials provided by 4Patriots at no or nominal cost. Given 4Patriots’s strong reputation for providing consumers with high value products and to further enhance 4Patriots’s image and competitiveness in the marketplace, 4Patriots has instituted a MAP policy for all its products. The MAP policy will apply to all U.S., Canadian, and European retailers and distributors.
- The MAP for all 4Patriots products shall be listed in the current Wholesale Price List.
- The MAP may be revised by 4Patriots at its sole discretion by providing no less than 7 days advance written notice communicating the changes in writing to all of its retailers and distributors without exception.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertising of 4Patriots products in any and all media including, but not limited to, catalogs, flyers, posters, coupons, brochures, mailers, inserts, newspapers, websites, magazines, online, television, and radio.
- The inclusion in advertising of “free” or “discounted” products with a product covered by the MAP policy would be considered a violation of the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price below what is required by the MAP policy.
- Free shipping and/or handling, 0% sales tax, or free financing promotions do not violate the MAP Policy.
- Pricing listed on any Internet site, regardless of whether it is an e-commerce site or not, is considered “advertised price” and must adhere to the MAP policy.
- Price matching policies are acceptable. Price matching cannot be used as a valid reason for violations of 4Patriots MAP policy. Advertised price must always be at MAP or higher.
- MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are offered for sale or sold to individual consumers via personal communication channels like email or over the phone.
- 4Patriots’s MAP policy does not establish maximum advertised prices therefore resellers of 4Patriots products may sell any of its products at any price in excess of the MAP established for those products.
- 4Patriots may, at its sole discretion, discontinue products or engage in promotions with respect to certain products. In these cases, 4Patriots reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP policy with respect to the affected products by notifying all dealers and distributors of such change.
Neither 4Patriots sales personnel or any other unauthorized employees has the authority to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP policy. Please direct all questions or comments regarding the MAP policy in writing to the policy administrator at:
Attn: Reseller Dept.
2920 Berry Hill Dr.
Berry Hill, TN 37204
- 4Patriots reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the MAP policy, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion and to communicate these changes to all its resellers in writing either by posting it on its website or via email.
SECTION D: FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH MAP POLICY
- In the event a dealer or distributor is found guilty of violating the MAP policy, 4Patriots reserves the right to terminate the dealership or distributorship arrangement with no notice and require dealer to return all 4Patriots products in its possession immediately. 4Patriots will not entertain business relationships with individuals and entities whose actions compromise the perceived value of 4Patriots and its products.
- 4Patriots reserves the right to monitor the advertised price of its resellers either directly or via the use of monitoring services provided by third-party agencies. The policy administrator shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, communicating decisions regarding sanctions when the policy is violated to resellers, and reviewing any communication received from the reseller regarding action taken in response to the violation.
SECTION E: AUTHORIZED DEALER WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS
- At 4Patriots, we are committed to the highest level of materials and workmanship. When purchased from an authorized dealer, all our products are 100% guaranteed against manufacturing and material defects. This Guarantee and subsequent warranty will be extended only to the original end-use purchaser and shall not be extended or transferred to any other person or transferee. All 4Patriots products purchased from an authorized dealer are guaranteed for a period of two years from the date of purchase. Items will be replaced at the discretion of 4Patriots. If a replacement product is unavailable or discontinued, a comparable product will be substituted.
- This warranty does not cover defects or damage arising from improper use or maintenance, accident or external causes. Unauthorized use of your product voids this warranty.
- When 4Patriots has deemed it necessary to provide a replacement, 4Patriots will cover return shipping to all addresses within the United States and Canada. For international orders, customers will be responsible for all shipping charges. All products covered under warranty will be replaced free of charge.